Alex Knost x RVCA
There are a lot of things that I like about this short, and a lot I don’t. How much is a lot these days? 2 things?
Anyway, these are a new pair of shorts from RVCA and Alex Knost.
Let’s start with the negatives and end on being nice shall we.
1. The name: Baggies. More like Slimmies. I’m not really into naming something the opposite unless it’s funny. It isn’t.
2. The colour. Pea green? Seriously? With yellow piping? Not my cup of tea. A black and white combo would have looked insane with the nylon sheen of the fabric. Even blue, or red, or not pea green. Brown wouldn’t have worked though. No-one likes brown, it’s the color of turds. I’m glad they’re not brown.
The Good (definitely outweighs the bad.)
1. The cut. Looks great. Not mad ball hugging tight, just a nice tailored cut.
2. The snap closure. I’d love to see more snaps out there. Maybe it’s something from my childhood, but I like the sound of a good snap closure. Even though they aren’t super functional in the surf.
3. The fabric. Nylon is silky and feel good. It looks good too, although it can get sweaty. Like rainforest sweaty.